National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week is an annual program that brings people together to raise awareness for the problems of hunger and homelessness through educational, service, fundraising, and advocacy events.
In recognition of National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week November 15-22, 2020, one of the most effective ways to support is to:
Provide food and support through community coordination
Provide food, shelter, counseling and support
Support for individuals and families struggling with poverty
Provide affordable housing and support
All Program Sessions Available Virtually - using Tablets or Smart Phones
A limited number of Tablets will be provided for enrolled students
Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A Day Camp for Youth, ages 5-15
- Math Based Cognitive Fun Activities
- “Power to Soar” Reading & Literacy Program
- STEM Workshops & Environmental Science Activities
- Arts & Crafts, Music, Dance
- Healthy You, Healthy Me Series
(“Ask the Doc” & Helping Kids' Cope With Fear)
- EC3 Kids Virtual Hang-Out Time
- History & Communications (Mini MI History Day Contest)
Activity Kit: provided online or by mail
Snack Packs: provided
Hygiene Kits: provided until supplies run out.
Ebenezer Community and Cultural Center in partnership with Ebenezer A.M.E. Church, Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency, and Dollar General Literacy Foundation